Thinking about trying lemongrass tea and want to make some of your own? You’ve come to the right place.
Lemongrass tea has long been known for its ability to help offer power detox abilities, which makes it ideal for those wanting to lose weight or simply enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
This recipe for making lemongrass tea is quick, simple and perfect for everyday preparation.
So, whether you’ve been wanting to try some lemongrass tea for quite some time or you’re simply looking for a new tea recipe to add to your collection – just keep on reading to learn everything you need to know about making lemongrass tea.
To correctly make your lemongrass tea from scratch at home, you are going to need to make sure that you have the following ingredients:
- Half a cup of lemongrass that has been finely chopped (preferably)
- Half a cup of mint leaves that have been finely chopped (preferably)
- 1 tablespoons of tea powder
Along with all these ingredients that we have mentioned above, it is also important that you are making sure to use appropriately sized saucers, as well as to make sure that you have a spacious and safe area to prepare the tea in.
Now that you’ve made sure that you’ve got all of the ingredients that you’ll need to make your lemongrass tea from home, we’re now going to be talking you through the following step-by-step instructions to help you make the perfect cup of lemongrass tea! Below, let’s take a look:
- First things first, in order to make the perfect cup of lemongrass tea, you’re going to need to begin by combining the lemon grass with both the mint leaves and jaggery. Then, after you have done that, you will then need to carefully pour 5 cups of water into your pan of choice and then bring it to the boil.
- After your water has been successfully brought to the boil, you will then be ready to go ahead and carefully lower the flame. After you have done that, you will then need to simmer your water until it reduces to around 3 cups worth of water.
- After the water has simmered down to the desired level, you will then be ready to take the pan off the flame so that you can proceed to add the tea powder that you are going to be using. Then, gently give it a stir to make sure that all of the powder has been evenly distributed throughout the water that you have in the pan.
- Once you have gotten to this stage, all you are then going to have to do is simply cover the pan so that the tea powder you have chosen to use can infuse into the water. This will help to strengthen both the flavor of your tea as well as boost the health benefits of it, as well.
- After you have finished stewing your lemongrass tea for the desired amount of time, you will then be ready to strain the lemongrass tea so that it can then be served. In order to do this, you’re going to need to take your strainer and then carefully pour the prepared lemon grass tea into the strainer so that it can catch all of the excess tea leaves.
- Transfer the strained lemongrass tea into the cups that you are going to be using (you should have made enough tea for around 3 cups of lemongrass tea) and then serve hot! It’s as simple as that.
Top tip: If you want to make sure that you get the maximum amount of flavor (as well as health benefits from your lemongrass tea that you’re making) we recommend that you allow the tea powder you have used to infuse into the water for a period of at least 10 to 15 minutes.
Of course, if you are pinched for time and in a rush, or simply don’t enjoy the strong flavor of concentrated lemongrass tea, then you can lower this timeframe to just a few minutes. It’s entirely up to you!
Health Benefits Of Lemongrass Tea
Now that we’ve learned how to make the perfect cup of lemongrass tea, (see also: The Best English Breakfast Teas For The Perfect Cup Of Tea!)we’re now going to be talking you through some of the main health benefits that you can expect to get from drinking it. Let’s check them out:
One of the biggest benefits of lemongrass tea is that it can help to reduce feelings of anxiety in a natural and safe way.
Helps To Detox The Body
Lemongrass tea is also known for its ability to effectively detox (see also: What Does Detox Tea Do?)the body of any and all toxins.
Another big benefit of drinking lemongrass tea is that it can help to relieve bloating, (see also: What Tea Helps With Bloating?)while also helping to promote weight loss.
Can Lower The Cholesterol Levels
Along with all of the above mentioned, another big health benefit of lemongrass tea is that it can effectively help to reduce high cholesterol levels.
Can Boost Oral Health
Last but certainly not least, the final main health benefit of drinking lemongrass tea is that it has the ability to help encourage better oral health, including in the gums and teeth.
There we have it! Now that you’ve taken the time to read through all of the above, we hope that we have been able to give you a much better understanding of how you can go about making the perfect lemongrass tea.
Before you go, why don’t you consider saving this page? That way, if you ever need to come back and refresh your memory on how to make our lemongrass tea recipe, you’ll know exactly where to find this page. Bye for now, all that’s left for you to do now is make your lemongrass tea!